Saturday, July 14, 2007

Praise to the InterLibraryLoan

And the librarians who scurry like happy gnomes (Fritter you need a pointy gnome hat) to bring me the information I desire.

So I have been on a bit of a DIY (Do It Yourself) kick lately regarding food and the preservation there of. I stumbled across the Chelsea Greene Publishing company

through the books The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved and Wild Fermentation by the Short Mountain Faerie SandorKraut

and this delightful compendium of food preserving techniques that I purchased from the folk school in Grand Marais last time we were on the North Shore.

So I went on an ILL spree and put in orders for a multitude of books


Two on seed saving as I want to be able to keep my own lines of plants. I've three tomato types I want to preserve and a pepper; not to mention the possibility of benevolent friends.


Two concerning "simple living" because Lord knows I could use the advice and am particularly fascinated by the making of things by hand.

One about produce preservation; here's hoping that we have a plentiful harvest from our little garden.

A book about winter gardening in the US and why it is a very possible thing to do. Apparently we receive more sunlight than the south of France in the winter and this fellow manage just fine in Maine. Doesn't he look happy?

And finally an Armageddon Contingency book for my reading pleasure; it never hurts to know these things.

These books should keep me occupied for a few weeks and should appear at the beginning of next week ; the ILL process seems to take about 7 business days (which for a library includes Saturday).

Hugs,

~Eikon